- Indulge in professional carpet cleaning at least once a year.
- Always avoid direct sunlight on your carpet to avoid fading.
- Fine carpets need a constant flow of air to breathe. They frequently rot or get infested with mildew if enclosed in plastic. It is suggested to rather wrap them in a cotton sheet.
Make use of professional scissors to trim the sprouts rather than pulling them away, as it will pull out other fibres as well.
- Get rid of heavy furniture depressions by rubbing the affected area with a metallic disc shaped object like a coin, coaster etc.
- Using an excellent rug pad can actually double the life of a rug. Particularly in heavy traffic areas, substantial padding protects excessive wearing of the carpets.
- Vacuum your rug on a regular basis to prevent dust from setting in the pile.
- Always vacuum your carpet in the direction of the carpet pile/ nap and not vice versa.
- At all times vacuum with lower point suction, and except for a bag less vacuum machine, try to use a brand new bag.
- Incase of extreme water damage, seek advice from professional rug cleaners to dry the carpet on both the sides rather than doing it yourself.